I'll tell you what sucks...
Having an established website making thousands of dollars a month and an up & coming site with massive potential; washed away from under your feet 🙁
This is what happened to me not too long ago, and it is really a story in not putting all of your golden eggs in 1 bastard basket.
In my case the basket was Amazon and they took back their basket and all of the eggs that I had accrued in it.
However there is a sort of silver lining in this story.
Luckily I spent most of my profits in other online ventures and reinvested quite heavily. This was in part because I have pretty severe shiny object syndrome, but also because I am always acutely aware of the fact that you have to spend money to make money.
1 of the projects that I started when the money taps were open, was a health related website.
No I am going to do something interesting here, and share the website with you guys so you can see just what it and what I will be doing.
There are a few reasons that I want to share this site with you , when I decided to hide my other niche site.
I will go through each point individually first before telling you the site...because I want to lower my bounce rate and increase the time you spend on this page :D
- I love you guys and I want us all to be able to help each other out
- The new site isn't necessarily based around 1 keyword and is a mixture of viral, social posts and long form :Ultimate Guide" style sites
- I think by sharing, you will also be able to see just what to do to get something up and running
- This site isn't really the kind of website that can get negatively spammed etc
Because we are friends
You guys are either reading this for 1 of 2 reasons, either:
- You are here because we are already connected somehow and you want to read what I have to write, or:
- You are here because you typed in something peculiar to Google or Bing or Duck Duck Go and ended up here
Both of these are cool and if we are not already friends, then let's become buddies!
Not a super niche, keyword based style site
Basically there isn't really a niche or a keyword that you can steal for yourselves you horrible bastards.
Just kidding, but seriously I would do the same...
However it is more of an authority site, so to speak, that I want to be a go to guide for both serious and fun articles.
Whilst some of the posts are based around keywords, they are super specific and you will have a bit of a time finding out the KW used or even replicating the content because it is well researched and written.
Even if you wanted to copy it, you would have to spend a bit of money and it isn't really a "get to position 1 of Google" kind website anyway.
It Might Help You
It may actually help those of you that are just starting out and help you to see just what a fully fleshed out website can be.
Now I am not trying to toot my own horn here, even though I do enjoy a good horn tooting...especially when there is a lady involved. However I am quite proud of this site and have big plans for it and have spent a few hundred dollars on it.
This doesn't mean that you need to spend this kind of money, my biggest cost has been content because I want to get it up and running as fast as possible.
I know I am on to something here as well, because I put it through my Stumbleupon test where it gained traction pretty fast and spiked at over 2,000 visitors for the 1st day, then around 800 visitors per day for the next 6 days before trailing off, as is usual with these kinds of things.
Check out the screenshot below to see for yourself:
It could get spammed to death, but I don't really know why because I am not really targeting any keywords here.
There is a possibility that it could get thousands of links sent to it by a pissed off arsehole, but I don't think this will happen...I hope :O
Like I have said, it isn't really targeting any specific keywords and the few that I have chosen for the blog posts, I hope will get a boost form the overall authority of the site when it takes off.
Let's Get To IT Then!
OK, so here you go, my newest project is...
A Few Notes For Context
- It is a bit all over the place right now, because I had originally designed it to make use of Amazon, (along with other things), but since the ban I have been trying to move into other methods of making money form it.
- I have a long term plan for it invloving mailing lists and creating my own product, but in the short term, I am just focusing on traffic from various methods like SEO, paid traffic (Facebook, Bing etc), and trying to create viral content
- I am using a mixture of different methods ranging from Digital Marketers content engine, Rank XL long form "pillar posts", to Fat Stacks gallery lists. I hope that a mixture of these will create a viable, long term flow of traffic.
That's All For Now
So there you have it, my newest, latest and greatest (and most ambitious) site to date!
now I really have gone out on a limb here by sharing it with you guys, so I would really appreciate it if you gave me some feedback about it.
But you know what else would really help...if you could share the posts that you like on your social media with your friends and family so that it can get out into the wild a bit 🙂
I also really want you to follow along with me, so from now on, most of my posts are going to centered around this site.
I will add in other posts here and there, but I think I want to focus on this bad boy and see what happens 🙂
Next post, I will be talking about the plugins I am using, with 2 in particular that I hope will boost it into the stratosphere !
Please ask any questions in the comments and I genuinely would love to hear what you have to say because I really want to make a little community with you guys and if there is anything that I can do to help you out; all you need to do is ask 🙂